The Lee Line extended service onto the Ohio River following the bankruptcy of the St. Louis and New Orleans Anchor Line, which occurred in 1894. The St. Louis and Tennessee River Packet Co. resulted from the merger of several smaller Packet Lines following the demise of the Anchor Line. Previous to the Anchor Line bankruptcy, the Lee Line stopped at Cairo IL. Following the Anchor Line ceasing operation, the Lee Line placed a wharf-boat near the Eads Bridge in St. Louis. In 1904, the Lee Line advertised excursions to the St. Louis Worlds Fair.